Secondary HDD boots once every two boots systematically

KriegSohn

Good day,

I have an issue with a HDD I bought couple of weeks ago. It is not an urgent issue, but an irritating one.

I bought a Caviar Green 2Tb and connected it to my PC (XPS 720, XP SP3) as a second HDD. I aligned it with the Acronis Align Tool. For some reason (and it's been like that since install), the HDD is recognized only once every 2 boot.
When the HDD is not recognized, boot takes forever (~5 min). When it's booted, and I restart the computer, it boots in a decent time (~1 min) and the HDD is recognized. This pattern is systematic. When I need my drive, I need to restart the PC if it's not recognized.
And the "boot sequence" is not dependent on how the shut down was made (i.e. normal shutdown, software shutdown, automatic shutdown, mechanical shutdown (poweroff switch, power outage, etc.))

Any idea? I'd like to avoid rebooting my PC every 2 boot to get access to my secondary drive.

Thanks a lot,

KS

"Acronis Align Tool"... Don't you mean install tool for formatting and cloning one drives contents to another?

Back