Security Certificate problem

Mark Fuller

When I boot up my computer I always get a message "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?" I think it has something to do with windows media player and my local network. Does anyone know what is going on?

jobeard

First try to turn off "Check Revocation information" in the browser options.

If that resolves the prompt, then it is a Certificate issue and should get resolved when the Certs get updated.

jobeard

Humbug; I just checked FF 70.0.1 and Chrome -- BOTH have removed the option to control the revocation list -- so sorry for the wild-goose-chase.

Mark Fuller

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it has something to do with the government(VA). I tried to get my youtube video downloader pro version certified online and it gave me an error message about a questionable website. I guess the gov't is that picky.

Mark Fuller

It is definitely the lan. Some places where I pick up the same network have no problems at all.

jobeard

Which DNS servers are you using -- the ISP defaults? I would hard code the Alternatives
1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

These will work anywhere an internet connection can be made, hotspots, wifi or lan connectioned.

Mark Fuller

Thanx for the info. If I need to I'll try that but for now I just go where it is not a problem.