Security Error...

captaincranky

I just had a bizarre encounter with Opera's server, which refused to renew a tab because (Opera claimed), "Techspot's security certificate expired yesterday, (05-26-2019), and because of Techspot's heightened security, I couldn't proceed to the site".

OK, I often get a "security error" on my notifications panel. Normally, a simple refresh of the. page gets rid of it

I had multiple Techspot tabs open in Opera, tried navigating with them, and they are functioning normally.

I was also able to log in using Firefox without issue.

This presumably, was a fluke error in Opera's server. I vaguely recall similar errors, (if it's not magical thinking on my part), but since it never occurred on a page I had my heart truly set on reaching, I just gave up. Browser bug, maybe? Is there anything you might be able to add to reduce my confusion level?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There was a brief issue last night that we detected within the hour. Our SSL certificate was set to expire last night and it did. We had renewed it a week ahead of the expiry time but one of our servers had not been restarted by mistake, so the new certificate was not being applied.

Back