Serious restarting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two main desktop pcs which i mainly use for gaming.. one just carked it and its in the computer place being fixed and then i set up my other one and find out that i have a problem with that one to!.....

My pc keeps restarting once i get to the option of choosing to start windows normally or safe mode etc. As soon as i select To start windows normally or in safe mode the pc restarts and im back at page 1.. I have heard that this can be caused from corrupted windows files and i may have to do a format or something like that.. but im not sure i do not know alot about computers so all the options or answers anyone has to offer as to why this is happening id be very greatfull!

Cheers,
Amosity :confused:

the only thing that troubles me is that i have tried 2 different hard drives and it still happens so im thinking its something else?

Good luck and please do post back :).

*Edit*

You have a Windows installation on each HDD that is operating independent of the other?

It sounds crazy but...

I had the same thing happen to me. I got a new hard drive and had to reinstall the OS. The O.S. was saying it could not copy properly to my new hard drive so I got a new CD drive. Still nothing.... I started reading like crazy and found out it could be the memory. I thought this was really strange but was not about to buy a new copy of Windows so I took out the newest memory I had. The comp worked fine after that the O.S. was installed on the new hard drive without trouble and the old hard drive worked as well. I wanted to experiment so I put the extra memory back in and the comp just kept restarting. I took it out and the comp worked fine.

It doesn't cost anything to try it....

My eMachine has worked flawlessly since day one... bought from Circuit City for $600 bones! I still own it today and use it to reformat that ME install on fresh drives! It made my laptops very useful! (most people outright disdain WinME!)

Anyway, I recommend memory checks first because they cause many different compatibility issues and there is a way to run tests on them with software easily as well

"My eMachine has worked flawlessly since day one... bought from Circuit City for $600 bones! I still own it today and use it to reformat that ME install on fresh drives! It made my laptops very useful!"...

So Bill,
what does this have to do with "Serious Restarting Issues"? You've been real lucky with that eMachines. Look on your eMachines case. There is an "s" at the end of eMachines isn't there.. I have worked on many of them. How old is your eMachines?

Mine has always had trouble restarting(never makes it just freezes at e screen) I always have to shut it down and then turn it back on. Sometimes it still gets stuck on the e screen. I think they are just not reliable.

Emachine is used when relating to one model, not the TriGem company's US branding. eMachines, if you will. No biggie.

I think I had seen that type of problem at some point, which I was trying to recall. My computer came with WinME, but I formatted XP on it for example, to see how XP reported the drivers, etc. I was learning all about how Windows ties to the hardware after my average use was stopped short by a nasty Internet Trojan. I lost ALL my data.
It could be the PSU but why not have a rather empty HDD around to do some tests with. Keep in light on content so it boots quickly and efficiently. I do a lot of drive swapping with Win 9x because it allows you to migrate so simply

so it was the Mobo...only lasted 2 1/2 years...I know a long time for those that are computer savy but I am a college student just trying to make ends meet. Anyway I got basically a new comp and I hope no one that reads this gets an emachine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back