Setting up multiple Apple TV's on the same network

verneronomous

Hello all, up front want to say thank you for any and all help.

To begin I have Two Apple TV's I set up for a customer. The network is as follows:

Comcast 25mb/10mb to a Linksys EA6900 Wireless AC Dual Band Router then to the apple devices. One is connected wirelessly about 20ft away and then one is wired in on the other side of the house.

I am trying to extend the wireless over to the other side of the house because it has low signal and so I installed a WAP by taking the wired connection from the apple tv and putting in the WAP, and then connecting that Apple TV via Wireless now. But I am having a lot of issues with connectivity.

I set the WAP exactly like my wireless network so he can use his Iphone from one Apple TV to the next but it is not exactly working that way. I do understand it will take a second to connect from one wireless to the next but then sometimes I can't connect to the apple tv when I change to another Wireless connection. I then have to turn off wifi on my phone and then turn it on. I know it sounds like a minimal issue but I just want to see it run smooth.

I set both static IP's on the Apple TV's and I have them all pointing back to the main router, and I set the WAP to point back to the main router as well. So everything should talk to the main router and it does but I am having up and down connections and lag.

I have read a lot about this and found that Multiple Apple TV's on one network doesn't work, then I read that it does. So I want to ask you guy's have you had any knowledge in this and any suggestions on how I should of set it up. I feel I have the network right but nothing is talking consistently. I have to believe that you can have multiple devices running and have things running efficiently. What do I do.

Thanks for any help!!
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=24px][SIZE=24px] [/SIZE][SIZE=24px][/size][SIZE=24px][/size][SIZE=24px][/size][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=24px][SIZE=24px][/size][/size][SIZE=24px][SIZE=24px][/size][/size][SIZE=24px][SIZE=24px][/size][/size]

For me, I make sure they're on the wired network. I may be lucky in that during our renovation, I made sure the contractor added lots of ethernet connections in our home.

Back