Several .exe errors after running combofix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help really bad I know i am infected ran malware bytes and combofix but after doing it i am getting startz play.exe fails to initialize correctly and dell dock.exe and msnmsgr.exe and the biggest on is WLTRAY.exe which I am assuming wont let me connect to the internet wirelessly says my wlan card has failed. Can this be fixed I see alot of techs ask to run scans and post the log which i dont know how to do if anyone can help me please. thankyou for any help anyone might have.

Combofix is a very powerful program. If you are not careful, bad things can result, as you know now. Try doing a system restore to an earlier time, before using combofix

Welcome to TechSpot, stickifur. I'll help you with the malware, but you have to back up. you should not run any programs like Combofix without being told to and guided by a malware helper.

Uninstall Combofix: Start -> Run -> type in combofix /u <-Note the space and hit enter

Reboot the computer.

Start> Run> type in msconfig> enter> Selective Startup> Staup menu> UNCHECK any processes related to the following: one of them need to start on boot:

startz play (video download service from Starz Entertainment.)
dell dock (from Startdock- used for display chnanges)
msnmsgr (MSN Messenger program from Microsoft)

Then click on Apply> OK. (NOTE: the first time you reboot after making the changes on Startup, you will get a nag message that can be ignored and closed after checking 'don't show this message again.' Stay in Selective Startup.)

Don't worry about WLTRAY.exe: this is a convenience item, not a necessity: wltray.exe is a process installed alongside Dell Wireless WLAN Card and provides additional configuration options for these devices. This program is a non-essential process,

IF you still don't have internet access, put ther router through a 'power cycle': disconnect the power from the router and from the modem. Wait about 10 seconds, then reconnect> router first, then modem. that will free up the memory in the router.

Please come back and tell me your status after doing these things. I will guide you through the next steps.

Do not run any cleaning program or do any updating except for the antivirus program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back