Share your favourite instrumental music

I've got several favorites! (since I'm a jazz listener)

I'll start with those two.

Here I go again with Jeff Beck.

I've been listening a lot to a version of the tune, "Brush with the Blues" lately. No, it's not really the blues, but the guitar work is amazing, anyway! I mean, listen to what this guy can wring out of a Stratocaster! Really!

Beck takes his time getting into the song. He begins with "Pork Pie Hat" -- something from an excellent album from the 70's, I think.

My all time favorite instrumental music is, The Windom Hill collection, featuring George Winston, on piano, playing all four seasons, music.

There are words through that whole video lb. Sure it's just the same lyrics repeated but still...

It's okay - overmodulation makes it a bit difficult to listen to though. Not really my speed though I'm an old-school hip-hop head.

Duke Ellington Live at Newport 1956
Frank Zappa has a lot of nice instrumental music as well

A few favs of mine in no particular order:

"Memory Canyon" - Rite of Strings

"Access Denied" - Dave Weckl Band

3rd movement of the Moonlight Sonota (performed here by Valentina Lisitsa)

"Perugia" - Roland Hanna

"Serenade for Strings in C Major, op. 48 I" (Tchaikovsky)

"Black Napkins" - Frank Zappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNKhH51iNJM

Edit: Anyone know how to prevent the forum from auto-applying media tags to the links?

In the spirit of Christmas I present Sleddin Hill, a holiday album by metalcore band August burns red. Easily my favorite instrumental album and a nice change to the generic Christmas carols that are always being played :p

Merry Christmas :)

Did someone mention the Fender Stratocaster...

I like a lot of his music, instrumental as well.

Back