Should be getting better FPS

Hi, Recently I got some new specs for my Gaming computer. My PC was pretty slow with lower specs, (specifically Dual Core, 4 GB of RAM and 1GB Video Card.) I Got these new parts in Christmas 2012, but now I can say that I've seen dis-improvements rather than improvements in the performance. I want to get it looked at but if this is something I can fix, then I really don't feel like paying the money.
My spec NOW are:

Rating: 3.8 Windows Experiance Index
Processor: AMD Phenmo(tm) II X6 1045t Processor 2.70GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

Just a side note I had 12GB of RAM but the extra 4 was the old RAM in it before I added the upgrades, and I know sometimes that can cause some confusion to the computer to have two different types (brands) of RAM installed.

Any type, way and form of help would be much appreciated.

-SwordMasterA

You are more than covered on everything except the GPU (video card). That's probably the weakest link in your entire system, and the source of your FPS woes.

What sort of GPU do you have currently?

You are more than covered on everything except the GPU (video card). That's probably the weakest link in your entire system, and the source of your FPS woes.

What sort of GPU do you have currently?

Thanks man that was it, tried out my brothers over powered one and it made my computer a lot better. I'll be getting one soon.

Back