Shut down problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My computer was not working properly it was not showing display in first attempt, and when I shutdown my PC , it's motherboard light was keep showing as on and processor fan also kept running,
then
I took my pc to the technician and he figured out that 5 pins of the motherboard where processor chip is placed were damaged so I bought new motherboard.

Now it is showing the display and working fine but when I shut down my PC it still has the same problem, Motherboard green light still remain on and processor fan also keep running until I unplug the power cable.

My Motherboard - Intel DG31GL
Processor - Intel Core2Duo 4400
OS - Windows7

Please help in this regard.

Thanks

It is typical for the green motherboard light to remain on.

How do you shut down your PC (pressing and holding the power button physically or just "Shut Down" in Windows)?

If you press/hold the power button, is it configured to shut down your PC for perform another task (Sleep for instance)?

Some motherboards have a setting where the CPU fan (and the case fans sometimes) run for a period after the system shuts off so as to reduce the stress on components. Instead of leaving the components at high temperatures to cool down passively, the fans remain on for a period of time and aid in the cooling process. Have you tried leaving the system alone to see if the fans just kick off?

Take a peek in your BIOS to see if there's anything related to your fan's settings which may help.

Last, but not least, if you had it looked at by a professional, they probably have some form of a 30 day warranty on their services. Bring it back and tell them that an issue which you expected to be remedied is still present and it would be appreciated if they could have a look at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back