SigmaTel causing the blue screen of death

ihatebluescreen

I had an incident with my computer and system check. It hid everything and caused some problems. Everytime I tried to log in into my computer, I was welcomed with the blue screen of death. I was helped here, and I got rid of the enemy.

Now, the only problem I have is SigmaTel Audio!
This is the result I got when I ran "BlueScreenView"

==================================================
Dump File : Mini032112-02.dmp
Crash Time : 21/03/2012 04:30:42 p.m.
Bug Check String : KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000008e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0xf6d4fff0
Parameter 3 : 0xa9898b9c
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : sfng32.sys
Caused By Address : sfng32.sys+2ff0
File Description : SFLKPORT.SYS
Product Name : Sonic Focus, Inc SFNGXX.SYS
Company : Sonic Focus, Inc
File Version : 7, 0, 0, 3
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : sfng32.sys+2ff0
Stack Address 1 : sfng32.sys+914
Stack Address 2 : ntoskrnl.exe+17129
Stack Address 3 : ntoskrnl.exe+9ed11
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032112-02.dmp
Processors Count : 1
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
Dump File Size : 90,112
==================================================

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section of the forum. I know from verrryy little to nothing about computers. =/

Attachments

• Mini032112-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
What is the make and model of your computer? I can look it up and and read the specs.

Edit: It is 1:45 in the morning here and I need to go to bed. I'll check this thread tomorrow.

Sorry for taking so long. I appreciate your help tremendously!

It's kind of a long story... I bought a computer at Walmart (fail), and it broke like a year after... Sooo I went to a computer club at my school (high school at the moment) and the teacher (I had taken some classes with him, so he knew me) told me to give it to him so he could check it out. A couple of days later he gave me a different computer... I think he built it.
Now, I don't even know what I have. I'm pretty sure that doesn't help you to help me. =/

Okay, here is what I suggest. Ask the person what motherboard he put in your system and then ask him to help you by going to the motherboard manufacture's website, find the exact motherboard and update the latest onboard audio drivers.

* Please keep us updated.

1) Do you happen to also have Skype installed?

2) I may be able to help you identify your audio chip and driver.

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Thank you very much! Getting ahold of him would be quite difficult.

I do have Skype installed; I haven't used it sinse before the problem started, though.
The "Problem Device" result was blank.

*Edit*
I just noticed that my printer and webcam are disconected. I'll conected them and check the "Problem Devices" again.
*Re-Edit*
Nothing changed. They just appeared in the USB section. =P

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
fyi re: Skype
When I googled the driver file that is crashing, i found some posts suggesting it's an audio driver add-on part installed by Skype. I don't know if it's on add-on from Skype or not so let's first just focus on Sigmatel

You have an Intel D945GTP motherboard with a Hi Def Audio chip from IDT. (IDT bought Sigmatel several years ago). The Sigmatel driver currently installed is old. Go to Ctl Panel->Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Sigmatel from there. Then try this newer Sigamtel Hi Def driver

/* EDIT */
Unzip the file to your Desktop. Then run the Setup.exe file in the Audio folder

Thanks!
I broadcasted without BSOD! =D
But I cannot hear a thing. I just restarted my computer, and I still can't hear anything. =/
I also went in Sound and Audio Devices and it says that there is "No Audio Device."

*Edit*
=D I can hear now!
In case anyone is having the some problem as I did... this is what I did:
Start > Run, type: devmgmt.msc > Find: Sigmatel Audio .. Double click it. I cant remember what Tab I was in but look for the "Update" button, and click it!
I'm such a bad explainer!

Thank you very much for your help, LookingAround and Route44!

**Double-Edit**
The only "problem" I have, now, is the Volume Control program. =/

Back