Sims 2 freezes help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I am very frustrated because I just bought The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and installed it on my laptop. The problem is that it freezes all the time and I need to bring up the Task Manager to close it down.
I can make a family but it wont load them, I can sometimes access my Sim's house but most of the time it freezes before I can resume gameplay. I can start to make a house or a lot but it will freeze when I try to save it and go back to the neighbourhood. I did some research and I think it has something to do with not having the right video card, but I dont know anything about that. =/
Here is my computer info:

Computer model/make: Acer Extensa 5620
Processor/speed: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU
Memory: 3062 MB RAM
Direct X: DirectX10
Video card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Total memory: 358 MB

oh, and I have Windows Vista Home Premium

I hope someone can help!

Your onboard graphics should play it but it is marginal. I would install the latest graphics driver available from your laptop manufacturer (Acer) and install any applicable game patches for the various Sims games you installed. Also, you might want to lower any game settings to increase framerate.

sims 2 normally should work well with your card as I have the same and play well the game. The problem may come from the installation. Try to uninstall it and reinstalling may resolve the problem. Also when playing make sure that every other unused programs are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back