Site problem - 2 days

Bobbye

I've been getting this for 2 days when I have not just posted:
1. This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.
But the post goes through. If I do wait the 20 seconds, a duplicate post is made. I finally learned to check the thread before posting again as I had to delete numerous dups.

Thanks for bringing this up. I have to check what's up with this setting since we've never had that problem before as far as I'm aware.

Bobbye, is this problem arising when you are using the quick reply form, the full reply or both?

I almost always use the quick reply form. At first, I waited the 20 seconds and hit send again. Then I started seeing the dups. Last night and today, every time I went back into the board to check without hitting Send again, the reply has posted.

Problem has continued today:

Using the Post Quick Reply feature> no other post made yet> get 10-15 second delay after hitting "Post Quick Reply" button, then message "This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds."

I do not re-post, but on checking thread, find the reply did go through on first post.

This may just be on the Virus and Malware Removal forum. I will let you know if I have it on other forums.

Just to be on the same page, the message appears every time you submit a reply within 20 seconds of another one, yet it's still posted...

However, if you wait, say a minute or two between replies the message goes through without a problem?

Julio, the problem seems to be resolved now.

But it wasn't that. The message was coming up "whenever" I replied, but I had not made any previous post even close to the time limit. But the reply "had" posted anyway.

I spend a lot of time in the Virus and Malware removal forum but it didn't occur to me to track if it was only happening in that forum.

Very strange indeed. I was trying to narrow down the issue to one of the custom modifications we have in place on the boards. But if the problem presented every time and it's now gone all of a sudden, I'm left completely clueless about it.

Let me know if the problem pops up again though.

It's back!

12:12 GMT -4 7/7/09

No post in last hour.
Using 'Post Quick Reply"
Get delay then "This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds."

Cycles to Advanced Reply box with my post, subject box empty. But this is NOT the reply method I am using.

Checked board, reply did post first time.

Post #2, Virus and Malware Removal Forum, this thread
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic130602.html#post771666

Looks like it just in that forum.

Edit: this post as well as those last 2 days go through without problem when NOT in Virus and Malware Forum.

Using the Post Quick Reply feature> no other post made yet> get 10-15 second delay after hitting "Post Quick Reply" button, then message "This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds."

Could it be a timout issue? If it takes 10-15 seconds for the message to appear, maybe you are being treated like you are timing out, and this is the message that appears.

I have no idea, just guessing here.

No, it's not a timeout issue. The reply posts but gives the message anyway. It's making me nuts!

Back