"SIV" (System Information Utility) Driver issue

captaincranky

I have downloaded this program: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/1605-siv.html and am unable to have it work in Window 7 64 bit professional edition..

Win Pro 7 is asking for signed drivers before it will allow the program to run in its entirety!

OK, first let me say this isn't a complaint, and it's quite understandable the a free program wouldn't warrant the expense of having M$ signed drivers made available for it.

With that said, anyone reading this thread should consider this a cautionary tale, one which is telling you the situation of M$ requiring signed drivers, can only get worse in Windows 10, as M$ tries to close the Windows system even further.

OK, the program works fine with full function on this my internet box. This machine is Win 7, 32 bit Home Edition.

I'd obviously like to have a signed 64 bit driver made available for the program, but I'm also acutely aware, "beggars can't be choosers", and so, let's call this thread, simply an "FYI sound byte".

HMM; benchmark for you. Runs on Dell Win/7 Pro 64bit for me.
Well, FWIW, this is a brand new Skylake rig, I-5 6600K over X170, with a right out of the box OEM copy of Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP-1. (I'm really not technically savvy enough to tell whether the 6600's "execute disable bit", enters into the discussion).

The interesting thing is, the board/OS combo isn't allowing the program into the sensor array. The program can inventory the system fine and dandy, telling me what's in there, but it can't tell me how hot it is, what's the voltage, or how fast it's turning.. Perhaps the "needs a M$ signed driver" message is simply boilerplate.

I tried to get the program to work from a copy and paste from my internet machine, (no go), and a direct download, (still no go).

In reality, all wanted to know is why the fan on my EVGA GTX-1050ti "FTW" video card never runs. (The card has their "AC-3" dual fan cooler). Well, SIV did give me that answer, and it was that running a single 1440p monitor, only uses maybe 1% or 2% of the cards graphics capabilities, and it's running well under 50C, which is the fan's cut in point, (actually not that much above room temp 32C perhaps). But as you know, the VGA has its own BIOS. (With the VGA chip at 100F, you can tell I'm not a gamer, right).;)

In other news, I'm guessing staff has been working on the site's coding quite a bit, as it's now completely disallowing my Firefox with "NoScript" into the system.

1: ,the notification fly-out stopped working.
2: Then it decided I was only going to be allowed to post a poll in "site feedback".

To further add injury to injury, now it doesn't even afford me a post box. (It does allow me to activate the "Post Reply" button, it just doesn't allow me to write anything to post) Obviously, an error message ensues. :D

No biggie, I suppose, as I'm well aware web masters are waging war on ad blockers. Still, "NoScript" is a security extension which just happens to block ads in the process.

So now, I need to have two browsers open, Firefox to surf with for safety, and Opera to post here.

PS, I finally had to break down and install the latest version of, "CCleaner" to get rid of the tons and tons of Java junk, temp files, and cookies that Opera manages to collect. (This is with Opera running at its default settings).

Last edited:
Back