Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them! :(

For those that find this question in Google like I did (I got the Crushers too! The sound is amazing and I didn't want to give that up for some other headset with a boom mic):

If you are attempting to use a headset with a built-in mic+1 audio jack on PC, don't fret! It's a cheap and easy workaround. All you need is a 3.5mm Y adapter (female to two males). You can find them online for $3-4 or at RadioShack for $8.00 (http://www.radioshack.com/radioshack-mobile-headset-to-pc-converter/4200837.html#.VMJvGv5bV8E).

There's always a way ;)

Last edited:
Back