Sleep-mode, with Internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty9231

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but I didn't know where to put it.

My question: Can I put my computer in sleep-mode, without losing my internet connection?
By this I mean that applications using internet, will not lose their connection while the computer is in sleep-mode.

Thanks in advance

[Edit] I have already tried telling the computer that it can't shut off my Ethernet Card, but that had no effect. Also I know that I do have internet at night, when leaving my computer on.

Marty

to test it

In XP from 'Start'>'Shut down'> pull down Menu I have 'Standby' and 'Hibernate' and these both (when selected) hang-up all the procedures, writes the addresses to the RAM memory then lies inactive until summoned by keystroke (or other setup is in BIOS). The difference is only that hibernate shuts power off and saves to HDD as well.
Why don't you test the button by logging into your email address using the button then come back to the computer after a while. You'll need to set your email security so that it does not stay logged on all day, otherwise as soon as you wake up the computer the computer will automatically log back into your email address:approve:
Edit: if you are trying to set up a fax machine there is a setting in my BOIS called 'Wake on LAN' hope this helps

Maybe you didn't notice, but I actually said I used Windows 7...
And you should read my post, maybe, because most of the things you say have nothing to do with my problem.
Thanks for the reply anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back