SLI Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB worth it?

Xclusiveitalian

I currently have 1 Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB graphics card in my HP desktop. It came with it when I ordered it from the factory a year ago. I opened up my desktop for the first time to clean it and noticed there was a free second slot I could put a graphics card in and was wondering if I bought another of the same card and have them run together how good of a performance boost would I get and would it be worth it in the long run?

The motherboard does support a second GPU but your 460W PSU will have to be changed. However, I suggest investing in a better card at this point as that will net you better performance 2x 9800GT.

might i suggest a gtx 460 1gb i think you would really love this card and it would overclock like crazy and be faster than any 2 9800 gt's

Im glad it supports sli(for future refrence) im assuming by 460W PSU you mean the power supply? Sounds complicated to take out, I know after many mistakes I have mastered swapping RAM and video cards. I was looking at the nvidia 400 cards and beyond. Ill probably try to hold off for awhile I was just hoping after seeing the open space in my desktop that I could get the 9800 gt for really cheap and get a nice graphics boost. Thanks for the reply guys!

might i suggest a gtx 460 1gb i think you would really love this card and it would overclock like crazy and be faster than any 2 9800 gt's

Just saw your post after I posted lol I know I was watching a video on youtube of that cards performance and it was insane. isn't it kinda on the pricy side tho? $400+?

well a 500 watt high quality psu would cost around $70 and the 9800 gt would cost about $100, so if the gtx 460 is $200 i would just go with the gtx

Back