Slow Computer Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ran the steps to clean system of malware and virus, manage to catch a few, and now my pc seems to be slower than it was before. Need help bad. I ran a HJT hopefully itll tell why my pc is acting up. thanks ahead of time.

Spybot, is on the machine, and will do nothing. It does not have the capabilities to remove anything other than cookies and related stuff... It cannot remove any of the top 200 infestations... From what I have seen with a great number of client computers, I assume spybot is useless

Did you use Avira or Avast, and then SpySweeper, SuperAntispyware, MalwareBytes, or the others listed in the eight steps?

I see Symantec Norton, and SpyBot. They are not adequate to detect the sorts of evils that might be slowing down your computer.
I suggest you try the ones mentioned above, then let us know what they removed...

We will also need to know your computer brand and model, age, power supply, operating system, and memory configuration. Also, do you have any red or yellow flags in your Device manager Those are critical to developing an analysis of your system.

Slow downs are often caused by infestations, by failing hard drives, by inadequate memory, and by software improperly installed.

Take a look in task manager if Windows OS and see if any processes are consuming excessive CPU. What processes are consuming CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back