Slow New Laptop

technoobie2001

I recently bought an HP Pavilion gaming laptop (15-bc504TX) with 9th gen i5(2.4 GHz base processor speed,8MB cache,4 cores,Max boost clock up to 4.10GHz), 8GB RAM,1 TB HDD and 4 GB NVIDIA GTX 1050 Graphics.But since I bought it , it is not living up to its specs.Booting takes a lot of time (over 2 -3 min) when fast boot is off.After booting ,the shortcut icons on desktop takes time to load (Even when fast boot is on), and when I try to open any application it takes a lot of time.Opening or running applications some time after startup is comparitively better ,though not that fast.Games are running smoothly(only upside).Opening a browser or a video player most often takes a lot of time , more so than my old laptop.Is there any way to fix this and boost up my laptop?

Run CLEANMGR twice; once under your login, then again and clean Clean System Files.

Delete anything you are not going to use

Run defrag

The windows cleanmgr is the tool to remove temp files and update residuals

Defrag will make all programs run more quickly, but run it after removing old files

The windows cleanmgr is the tool to remove temp files and update residuals

Defrag will make all programs run more quickly, but run it after removing old files
I think this helped a little bit , but the lap still is slow.Will reinstalling windows help?

Last edited:
Opening or running applications some time after startup is comparitively better ,though not that fast.Games are running smoothly(only upside).Opening a browser or a video player most often takes a lot of time , more so than my old laptop.

boot w/o any connection to the Internet and then run any non-internet application ...

Have you scanned the system for PUP and Malware? Which AV software are you running?

Didn't make much of a difference.I think it's the hard disk's problem -Seagate-ST1000LM035-1RK172. I have seen others on the internet with the same hard disk face similar problems.

Back