Slowdown during UAC Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brandon

hi,

I have just downloaded and install Vista Service Pack 1 for my home laptop. However, after the installation, whenever there is a UAC prompt, the whole system slowdown and the mouse and keyboard was responsive albeit very slowly. It happen for all UAc prompts (run as administrator and etc).

My home desktop, it's running and vista too and had service pack 1 installed but it did not have this problem.

Laptop specification:
Model: Acer Aspire 5920G -3xxxx series
Processor: T7300 @2.0Ghz
Ram: 2x 1GB 667 Mhz ram
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT 256 MB (174.74)

P.S Before I updated to service pack 1, I did an updating of graphic driver from laptopvideo2go.com. Original driver was 163.69

I have liken to have UAC active and gotten used to it. Disabling it feels wierd and I feel personall insecure.

You could try disabling UAC's secure desktop, so that the prompts would be displayed as ordinary windows.

Run regedt32, then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System.

Change PromptOnSecureDesktop to 0.

Hmm, I switched on my laptop and did not do anything except I try to start a program with run as administrator... it did not slow down and it perform like usual

it's really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back