Software installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day youse-
I'm running Xp pro with the latest updates. I am not sure what happened but it was three days ago- my Comodo Firewall Pro stopped working- tried heaps to start but came up with error, unable to open cmd file; tried to update itunes, which downloaded fine, but can't open (unable to execute file in temporary directory, error 5:access denied), changed me Virus protection back to Avira but can't fully setup (somefiles could not be created, please close all apps and reboot).
all this sounds like a familiar virus. I have run spybot, can't run other virus programs. It seems like I don't have admin privileges but when I check I do, I've logged off/on as admin.
It now won't let me burn cd's through windows media player and has errors in my downloads through Vuze.
Any ideas?

Sounds to me like you're infected. See this post and see what you might be able to get don after booting into Safe Mode. Otherwise, you may nee to start with online scanners.

But you best wait for one of the Malware experts to help there. Will see if i can help point someone your way. Could take up to a day or two (depending how busy) but will check back in as well

Sounds like classic spyware symptoms. I recommend using the following 3 anti-spyware utilities (all can be found in the Downloads section at this site)

1) AVG 8
2) Ad-Aware 2008
3) Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost with results and we'll proceed from there.

-- Andy

almcneil if you read his original post he has already tried the (useless) Spybots Search & Destroy
Please note: Spybots S&D is very good at avoiding issues in the first place with its resident protection program. But once infected users must be directed to: Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Note: This was previously quoted by member LookinAround, and specifically stated to you almcneil (last count) about 20 times in the last few days! (In future please quote this link, to help the original member) I will use this post, to quote myself to you in any future posts by you.

dlh62 Thanks for your kind words Re: How to post a new thread :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back