Software to edit PDF

If you do have a PDF editor and find you can't edit the document then your PDF is probably only contains the scanned image and hasn't had any of the text or other information added. You can either rebuild the document yourself from the image or try automated OCR software.

How do I edit a PDF obtained from a scanned document
Actually, it depends on what format you, "save as". Hell, if it's jpeg or tiff, you need to use Photoshop...:eek:

I don't believe scanning will incorporate the rich text, hypertext, or hyperlink content of a PDF. What you most likely have after scanning, is a "photo".

(Keep in mind I do little to zilch editing of PDFs. So, this post could use a bit of fact checking).

Actually, it depends on what format you, "save as". Hell, if it's jpeg or tiff, you need to use Photoshop...:eek:

I don't believe scanning will incorporate the rich text, hypertext, or hyperlink content of a PDF. What you most likely have after scanning, is a "photo".

(Keep in mind I do little to zilch editing of PDFs. So, this post could use a bit of fact checking).
That's why I use the Foxit tool mentioned. It can perform internal OCR to get back text character/paragraphs we know and love as well as add text.

IIRC, there used to be an ad loaded freebie of that "Foxit" software.

My Canon 8400F came with some sort of OCR software. Still don't know if it would do something like we're discussing.

What I do know is, I do almost exclusively image editing with Adobe programs, and what I can't do with that, "save as " rich text" works for music tabs which I grab from the web. (Although, t seems to be necessary sometimes to mentally move the chord changes to the right or left). Way back when, "Nero" tryed to hijack the entire file system, I figured I didn't need another location for scans to confuse myself with....:confused::D Oh well, at least I was right about that.

Back