Some streaming videos will not load

Hey everyone,
So I just bought a new laptop and I've noticed that youtube videos do load, but other sites that stream videos will not load at all. Running windows 7, using chrome. However, this problem happens on firefox, IE, anything. I have active x and flash player plug in on chrome, downloaded flash player manually, and installed KLite Codec Pack. Nothing is working. Any suggestions? I appreciate the help!

What over websites are you trying to view videos from? What version of flash and active x do you have? What version of Chrome? Have you updated anything lately?

It's any videos that aren't youtube. Most recent versions of active x and flash. I think I ran windows update maybe a week or two ago? downloaded chrome september 21, so the latest version unless its been updated.

My old laptop running on the same connection has no problems running anything so I know its a network or connectivity issue

Try and flush your DNS.

Click on your start orb
In the search box, search for cmd
Click cmd
Type the following EXACTLY - ipconfig /flushdns
Make sure you put a space right here^

Your computer's Domain Name System (DNS) is unique to THIS computer. Using what I said might actually fix your problem since it seems to just be affecting the one computer.

Back