Someone is posting as me/faking my IP address

SpoR

So I am a poster on teamliquid.net under the alias CharlieMurphy. Recently a new guy 'charliesawanker' (with 6 posts) has trolled my blog there. And when I asked a couple of the mods who it was because they can see user's IPs (assuming it was another poster who just created a new account to insult me a few times) they all said it was ME. Ie the guy is faking my IP somehow. This is possible right? My other theory is that it's one of the mods and they are all just playing a joke on me.

I don't really care as it seems harmless and it's kind of funny. But I'm just curious how one goes about doing that. And do I have anything to worry about?

What?

This is very serious, go back to the forum and get in touch with the Administrator

Also if your IP has been hijacked, then you should take all steps possible in getting a new IP from your Internet service Provider

By the way, I've noticed your IP here has changed a bit too, over the time you have been here actually you have used 13 unique IPs. You must move around a bit ;)

I guess they were just ****ing with me. There wasn't someone with the same IP. But yea, there are two computers I use at work and I have this one here at home. Probably dynamic IP.

you can close this, thanks anywys.

Great joke. Would have been even funnier if you had alerted authorities to the "theft". One would hope that mods had more common sense than to tell you something like that and let it sit for any period of time.

PeerGuardian can scramble the last 2 number clusters of your IP. People use it to avoid the RIAA and MPAA.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Well, it is surprising that mods, acting in unison, fake a member’s activities and make fun of him.

But it’s not less surprising that the member involved is still staying in that place after this.

Back