Something is wrong with mobo audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeddyB

Hi all, I'm new to this forum (I have introduced myself in the introductions forum). Starting recently, something seems to have happened to the on board audio on my Asus P5KR motherboard. You see, the left channel is fine, but the right channel is about 50% volume compared to the left. Also, when I turn the volume up relatively loud, I can quite clearly hear severe fuzz/distortion in the right channel.
I have done a number of things: I tried with headphones and speakers, I swapped around the cable going into the amp (when I did, the problem swapped), used different cable, went through every darn setting, installed the specific motherboard audio driver rather than the default OS driver, and I even uninstalled the audio device in the device manager and reinstalled it. After all of this, I still have an extremely annoying problem. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
:)

You will likely have to disable your audio, and install a PCI or PCI-E audio card. You have all the symptoms of damage caused by over-driving the audio. They are very fragile, and often cannot take high volume loads. Doubt that you problem will otherwise be fixable.

I see. Thanks for your input. I had already considered getting a new card which i might just have to do.
I've seen some pretty cheap Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 cards around. Would I be well off with one of those?

If you like to play loud, get a very good audio card, and very good speakers.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I know what you mean, stupid me. I don't really have to worry about external audio parts at the moment as they are plenty powerful. Anyway, what do you think of the Audigy 2 cards?

OK, I'll work something out, I'm looking at a couple of cards at the moment. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back