SonicWall VPN Connection from WRT54G

Status
Not open for further replies.

aplatt99

So I have a SonicWall TZ170 that users run a software VPN connection into. This has worked flawless until one of our locations moved to a new office. They have a WRT54G on their end and each workstation there (4 total) runs the SOnicWall global VPN client. Only one user can connect to the VPN at a time. All others show a successful connection, but RDP sessions timeout after about 30 seconds or a minute. I have heard the WRT54G does not support multiple IPSec sessions. Is this true? Any other ideas on what could be the problem? Any other device you would suggest than the existing Linksys Router?

All other location work without a problem and every user that connects from home can do so without a problem. It all appears to be associated with this one location.

I checked with SonicWall support. I know the VPN is setup correctly as everyone else can connect without a problem. I have contacted the ISP for the new location and verified they are not blocking anything.

Someone told me to disable IPSec passthrough on the WRT54G and it should begin to function. I will try that later this morning.

I have not checked for a firmware update that may resolve this. I will check and update if needed. Any additional help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back