Sony Camcorder DCR-TRV17 download video to PC issue

I own a Sony DCR-TRV17 camcorder and want to download the videos from Tape to my PC so i can burn them to DVD. I have access to a PC that still has Win 98 on it so I can use the drivers ( they don'y make a Win 7 Premuim 64 bit version driver), but it seems the only thing it recognizes is the memory card-- they instructions don't seem to say anything about how to download video to your PC? Ironically, it talks about how to dub a tape using a VCR. And when you go to the sony site, there isn't much of any information on how to convert that media using your PC? help...

Hi

i have the same camera, nice little thing isnt it, i broke the memory card slot on it as it only takes a specific sony card, not any old SD card, beware

to answer your question, you can only output from the camera in RCA (red yellow white) into a device that can handle composite recording such as a video recorder, my personal choice is the Emprex ME1 unit do a google on it, however there are loads of alternatives that do the job.

Do you have

the cable that looks like a jackplug with the red yellow white plugs on the end
or the base that the camera locks into with various sockets on it.

I have both.

regards

Back