Inactive Sony laptop crashes about once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sony Laptop about a year old running Windows 7. I've been having two issues, first of all is about once a day I'll go back to it and try to wake it up only to find it's crashed and I'm getting the "start windows in safe mode screen". Second, I tried Google Chrome and that made things highly unstable, I could only browse for a couple of minutes without getting a BSOD.

I can't upload dump files. I can see them on my PC, but the uploader just doesn't see them to select even in Admin mode, but I ran Whocrashed and got some information:

POWER? RELATED CRASHES:

[FONT=Segoe UI]On Sun 4/7/2013 2:04:47 AM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040613-22760-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI] (nt+0x75C40)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8007A56060, 0xFFFFF800048053D8, 0xFFFFFA800AAE21D0)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]company: Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]On Sun 4/7/2013 2:04:47 AM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]ntkrnlmp.exe[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI] (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8007A56060, 0xFFFFF800048053D8, 0xFFFFFA800AAE21D0)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]On Thu 4/4/2013 7:16:32 PM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040413-24008-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x75C40)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA8007B1FA10, 0xFFFFF80000B9C3D8, 0xFFFFFA800DF40C60)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI]DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/FONT]

CHROME? CRASHES

[FONT=Segoe UI]On Tue 4/2/2013 1:40:23 PM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040213-29874-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI] (nt+0x75C40)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xDC, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002F02E45)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
[FONT=Segoe UI]On Tue 4/2/2013 1:37:01 PM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040213-22651-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EA926B, 0x0, 0x7EFA0000)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/FONT]
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

I have been having issues with a Rikvm Trojan. Norton Power Eraser claims that it fixes it, but it keeps coming back somehow.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back