Sony refreshes Vaio S, F series notebooks

Matthew

TS Evangelist
Sony's Vaio S-series has received a fresh coat of paint today, touting improved portability, performance and power efficiency. Measuring 13.04in wide, 8.84in deep and 0.95in thick, the updated system is…

Read the whole story

Greg S

TS Evangelist
Seems to have very similar specs to dell's new XPS 15z. I just wish they would stop putting in higher end dual cores and start working on adding more quad core systems.

G

Why do you need a quad core for a laptop? If you need that much processing power, you are probably already running a Core i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz anyway. Besides you can pay extra to put those faster processors in if you want. The quad core will only make sense on a laptop when the price difference will be very small compared to dual core i5 systems with hyper-threading. If anything, these laptops should ship with an SSD and an i5 rather than the obsolete mechanical drive and an i7.

Greg S

TS Evangelist
I would need a quad core laptop if I want to work with heavy photoshop design like 32-bit, 3d models. Since photoshop is heavily cpu based it would greatly speed things up. I know openGL is a big factor for rendering the models, but its not responsible for wrapping images around the model and drawing directly on the surface of the model with brushes and filters, etc.

G

How many rootkits are they preloading onto these babies? I just opened a new credit card after closing my compromised account. I bet they can't wait to throw my info to scammers.

AVOID SONY LIKE THE PLAGUE

Lurker101

TS Evangelist
You know it's a sad day when the users agree with the guest posters, but Sony just can't be trusted anymore. They've been proving that over and over again.