Sony reveals Marvel Spider-Man series lands on PC this August 12

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: We've known for a while that more PlayStation-only games would soon lose their console exclusivity and make their way to PC. Now, Sony has revealed what's coming next: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered hits the platform this August 12, with Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales landing sometime in the fall.

The announcement was one of the many reveals at Sony's June 2022 State of Play event yesterday. Anyone who played Marvel's Spider-Man when it arrived on PlayStation 4 in 2018 will know it was one of the best reasons to own Sony's last-gen console. The combination of its incredibly fluid, intuitive web-swinging traversal mechanic, Batman: Arkham series-like combat, and the entertaining story and characters made it a must-play for PS4 owners.

A remastered version of Marvel's Spider-Man was released in 2020 as a PlayStation 5 launch title with upgraded graphics, including ray tracing, and all the DLC. That version will be hitting the PC on August 12.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, also a PS5 launch title, will be joining the Remastered version on the PC this fall.

Sony has been talking about more of its formerly exclusive PlayStation games coming to PC for a while. Its net sales on the platform more than doubled in the most recent financial year, which ended March 31, 2022, to $80 million, a feat Sony attributes to the PC releases of Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, and God of War.

A recent Sony business segment briefing for shareholders revealed that the company expects to make $300 million from its PC business in the current financial year. The two Spider-Man games will undoubtedly contribute to a chunk of that, as will the upcoming Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, though the majority is expected to come from its $3.6 billion acquisition of Bungie.

Permalink to story.

All of em too, including golden abyss in one big set

I will spend whatever is asked of me for that.
Yes please

I just re-aquired a super slim ps3 ($50) playing the last of us. Game looks DAMN good on a new OLED TV.

But if I can play them and uncharted in up to 4k on pc or stream them…..drool

Yes please

I just re-aquired a super slim ps3 ($50) playing the last of us. Game looks DAMN good on a new OLED TV.

But if I can play them and uncharted in up to 4k on pc or stream them…..drool
I wasnt a fan of the last of us games, but you could lock me on an island with the uncharted games and I wouldnt complain.

Great news, I just hope this won't reduce console sales in a long run, because this is main source of their income.
I want ghost of thushima next, absolutely beautiful game on my ps5, but it will be even nicer on my pc;)

PlayStation losing its console only exclusives one franchise at a time...
cant play them on the real competition, xbox….

and Microsoft seems to be doing pretty well since they went this same route with their exclusives with gamepass on pc. Hell, they arent even charging for the exclusives!

This gen has been horrible from a console point of view. Literally only a few truly exclusive nest-gen games exist, which doesn't really justify owning a XSX or PS5. Everything else can be played on PC or previous gen consoles.

Back