Sony Vaio keeps crashing

Hi guys, I am in a real spot of bother here and would really appreciate some help.

I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF that I bought in December 2009 (Windows 7). I never had any problems, but over the last 6 weeks it crashes, just randomly about 20 times a day. I have had to write this question out three times due to the crash. Everything freezes up, so I have to switch off with the power button every time. It is extremely frustrating as I am in my final year in college and have assignments and I cannot get any work done!

I tried restoring the laptop, didn't work. I dont have a restore point to before the crashes started happening. A tech guy said it could be the drivers? Something to do with Sony updates overrulling the microsoft updates causing damage? But how do I delete and install all microsoft drivers?

After the last crash I checked the event viewer, this was the only crash in the last 24 hours;

Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {56F9312C-C989-4E04-8C23-299DEE3A36F5})(Error code = 0x80042019)

If you need more info Id be glad to update. Thank you very much guys :)

The tech guy needs to reload Windows 7 for you. A fresh install of the OS would be the best thing to do at this point

Back