Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago

Z

Zealot1123

So my laptop has started to freeze a minute or two after start up even though it was working fine a few hours ago. I was sat talking to a friend over facebook chat when my laptop started 'screaming' with a really high pitched noise, I had to turn it off to stop it.

When I restarted it and booted it back up it said it was defragging something (it was a while ago and I cant remember what it said) after that I logged in and now it freezes after a couple of minuets.

I've tried system restoring it and using the built in memory repair and it still wont work. However once I disabled all the non microsoft services it boots up and doesnt freeze untill I try to open a program.

I can start it in safe mode but thats about it. I've spent the past couple of hours searching for a solution but can't find one, so ay help will be much appritiated

(I'm using my Xbox to access the internet at the moment but I can turn on my laptop incase anyone has a possible solution)

I have it in safe mode running an AVG scan, it'll take a while before thats finished but I will try running that afterwards. Thank you

Back