Sooo many troubles... minidumps included

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got more problems than i know what to do with. I keep reinstalling everything thinking that it is a software or driver issue but the problems keep popping up.

I have an Abit IC7-G mobo w/ 2gigs of RAM, WinXP, a GeForce FX 5700 vid card and a NEC 1940CX monitor.

I had one issue with the motherboard when i realized that my chipset fan was not working correctly but i cannot tell if damage was done or if my problems lie elsewhere.

One problem i have is the persistent crashes and minidumps. I have the most recent 2 attached.

Another is: on startup there are patterns of vertical green lines evenly spaced on the screen. When the windows logo pops up they turn to red. Then when windows is running there is a shadow of red squares arranged in vertical lines that is very visible on dark parts of the screen.

I don't know if that is related to a third problem which is that I can not load on an nvidia driver for my vid card because it says it not authenticated by windows. The first time i proceeded anyways and my monitor shut off as soon as windows loaded.

I have a pretty bare system right now as the problems have risen again and I have not had the chance to load much on. Any help is appreciated. Is this sucker fried from the chipset fan, is the mem bad...? I'm at a loss.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump is corrupt and unreadable.

1 minidump crashes at NTFS.sys. This is the Windows file system drivers. It has a bugcheck of 24.

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your hard drive/ram/page file etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Both minidumps are corrupt and unreadable.

This is often a sign of faulty ram.

Go to the link I gave you and run the ram/hdd/page file tests etc.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back