Sophisticated anti-malware and virus software

andoyan

Hello Community,
I am looking for a sophisticated spy anti-malware and virus software the ones that big companies and the government uses it, does anyone have any suggestion?
Thanks
Jon

There are many excellent anti-virus packages available,
and many that don't require the private / home user to shell out the bucks that corporate users must pay for the privilege of using certain packages.

If you are willing to use one of these excellent FREE packages,
then I can recommend
Avira, Avast, or AVG, (My favorite is Avira).

If you really want a commercial product...
others would need to address the question of "best".
I have used McAfee (I no longer like it for "bloat").
I used to like SOPHOS, and ESET Nod32, both, a lot, but have not used either in a while.

Several sites (like PCMAG, and CNET) offer their comparative reviews of AV software.
You might google and read the reviews.
OR, others might weigh in here.

As for anti malware, anti-spyware...
No question here...
I recommend MBAM for sure.
Also useful are Spybot, Ad-Aware, and SuperAntiSpyware (aka SAS).

Our Anti-malware team (Bobbye, Broni, Crunchie, et al) can give you more detailed recommendations.

HTH

I found Kaspersky to be the best anti virus (might take some time to build up a good exceptions list for possible threats)... but its does use alot of resources when maxed for protection. Avast is the best freeware one at the moment closely followed by avira and Panda. For Anti-Malware Spyware doctor is pretty good as is Hitmanpro (clould based anti virus/malware). The best freeware one being Spybot.

For more info check http://www.2-spyware.com/ and check for annual round-up reviews with google.

Back