Sound cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

Do they sell sound cards in pciex1 slots, or could i just buy a sound card in pciex16 bus and it will fit in a pciex1 slot?

When i said pciex1, i am talking about:

Sweet card? For 139 dollars LOL, no thanks. I don't spend 100 or more on sound cards, my limit is 15 to 30.

Quick question, does PCI cards fit in pcie x16 slots?

Running in Vista, this card is really sweet! I know it is expensive, but... I have never seen any PCIe X16 sound cards, only video cards. Good luck

"... you can just use the much smaller PCI slot and not the PCIe"...

Do you mean use the "normal" PCI slots?

Yes I meant the normal ones, which are much smaller than PCIe slots.
Good luck, honestly doesn't look like a good sound card, but ok O.o.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but i have a question, i am still using my onboard sound , but why do i have 2 tabs in dxdiag. One sound tab is for speakers real tek definition audio and the other tab is real tek digital output (high definition audio )

I am not using speakers?

I am not using speakers?
Realtek is the sound "card" integrated into your motherboard right now, onboard sound, you probably know that already.
Mine has two sound tabs too, I don't know why that is but I think it is normal. As for not using speakers...I think that is unrelated and you probably are if you can hear your computer beep, or any other sound.

I don't have any speakers hook up, when i bought this computer, it came with some, but i sold them lol. I use headphones for everything. I guess it shouldn't matter tho, maybe realtek is config that way i guess.
peace

The first tab is for analog audio, the second is for digital. It doesn't matter if you are using speakers or headphones you are still using the sound card, and using the analog out at that. The digital (SPDIF) is (generally) used if you are connecting your sound to a 5.1 or greater setup.

check the web for OEM pull X-Fi cards, I want one myself and they are supposed to have great positional sound. Seems like I've seen PCI-e x16 cards but most are x1, most people don't want to use that kind of bandwidth on sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back