Sound driver problem

Summary:- After a recent fresh install of Windows XP, the sound on my computer is no longer working.

Detialed :- As you can see below my motherboard is a bit old, but still fine for my current purposes. I've been using it for about 6 years with no problems. I recently had to reinstall XP because of a hard drive upgrade. I installed all the drivers that came with the motherboard on CD and also installed sound driver of C-MEDIA_XP_2K_ME_98(UDA041_build04L).Last time its woking fine but this time its get error when I installed a driver I receive this error: "Our audio chip provides mult-speaker surround and realistic sound effects. Due to the fact that your computer is not equipped with our audio chip, you can not avail yourself of these advanced features. For more information, please contact your computer dealer - C-Media Electronic Inc.

Why this type of error is coming I don't know .first time I am seeing this type of error.how can I solve this type of error please tell me.

System Details:
Motherboard - AS Rock
Bios version-775i65GV Bios p2.40
Processor- Intel pentium 5 cpu 2.66 Ghz(64 bit)
Windows XP SP2 (32 bit)

I had already enabled sound setting from bios setting.
please give me reply as soon as possible.....

Hi manish649111

And welcome to TechSpot! :)

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post

Back