Sound from headset but not laptop speakers

Hi,

Just few days ago I upgraded my laptop from windows vista to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Everything works fine except audio. When I plugged the headphone it sounds, but without headphones I cannot hear any sound from my laptop.I followed these steps:
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
and my problem devices are listed out.
Base System DevicePCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_01F31028&REV_12\4&20402523&0&0BF0 THE DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE NOT INSTALLED.

please help me. Thanks in advance.

Well im guessing outdated drivers that dont work with W7 and Also just a tip Please don't steal topics!

Hi,

Just few days ago I upgraded my laptop from windows vista to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Everything works fine except audio. When I plugged the headphone it sounds, but without headphones I cannot hear any sound from my laptop.I followed these steps:
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
and my problem devices are listed out.

Base System DevicePCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_01F31028&REV_12\4&20402523&0&0BF0 THE DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE NOT INSTALLED.

please help me. Thanks in advance.
Post this as a separate topic please :D.

Meena
Yes, you should be starting your own topic for a problem. But since I'm going out of town in about 36 hours, I won't wait for a repost but will try answering you here.

1. The device you reported has nothing to do with your audio. It looks like it's a Ricoh Memory Stick controller missing its driver

2. Open device manager, under the Sound category right click your sound card->Properties->Driver tab. If it lists the Driver Provider as Microsoft, you';re running with the Win 7 generic audio driver. Go to the computer or motherboard mfr web site and find the hardware specific audio driver for your machine

Back