Sound isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertas

Hello,I got a new computer and for some reason the sound isnt working.On the other computer the speakers work.

I used the aida32 program to see my chipset and main card but is somehow says unknown.I use windows XP proffesional.

Oh and when I use device manager I see a yellow ! on multimedia audio controllers.

Dandy.

Did you get disks with the comp?

Do you know the make and model of the comp?

the exclamation point means that there is an issue with the device..more than likely you need to install the audio drivers from the disk that came with the system or from the manufacturers website.. CCT is right to better assist in this issue it would be a good idea to post system specs and make and model of the computer if bought retail.

Okay heres my main card
Asus P5LD2 SE (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Main cards chip
Intel Lakeport i945P
Sound card
Creative EMU10K1 SB Live! Audio Processor

Anything else?

Chipset and audio. Install the chipset then audio. Download each to a NEW Desktop folder named so you can remember them and later copy them to a cd.

And which audio should I download,Because there is a ADI Audio Driver V5.10.1.4150 for Windows 2000/XP/2003
and
SoundMax AD1986A Audio Driver V5.10.01.4160 for Windows 2000/XP/2003.
Or should I download both?

Yes - but if you are using that add-on sound card you won't get sound unless you activate onboard sound from the Bios (assuming you deactivated it).

Try the adi, and if no sound, then uninstall that and try the other.

Tried to install the SB live drivers but it says I dont even have any kind of SB live audio card.
and when I try to install the ADI and the other it says the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware.

And if it matters,for some reason I hear radio from my speakers when they arent plugged in to the computer.

If you want to use the SB card, then ensure onboard audio is disabled in Bios.

Then, if you have experience inside your comp, remove the SB card, reboot, shutdown, and reinstall the card.

See if Windows plug and play detects it. If it does, let it search the net for drivers.

I guess I will just wait till someone can come and check the comp,I dont want to take out something else.
And Everest says I have the SB Live,but In device manager I only have Game port.And I dont know how tot disable/enable things in Bios.

Then you are well advised to wait until someone with more experience helps you.

gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back