SoundMAX Digital Audio not working with browser videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a ThinkCentre A50 XP Pro SP3 with SoundMAX Digital Audio. Playing music on the PC seems to work fine, but when we like go to play a video from a website there is no sound.
As far as I know the driver is up to date, at least windows update doesn't tell me to update it (Driver version 5.12.1.5410 date 3/28/2005).
I have Windows IE 8.

ANyone have any ideas how to figure out whats wrong?

Also, fwiw, I noticed that I tell XP to put my volume icon in the taskbar but it doesn't show up there at all ....

And I just noticed when I shut down and start up the PC I don't hear the windows tunes that usually play ...

Just fogured out I can't play midi files ... in control panel, sounds and audio, audio tab, midi music playback, there is no device listed (whereas SoundMAX Digital Audio shows in the rest). The only selection for midi playback is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth but even I deslect only use default devices and select that MS one, when I go back in the settings are back where they started ....

You said that XP doesn't show your volume in the notification area (system tray), do you know if it's hiding the icon or not?

I know it's not apples to apples, but my audio chip (RealTek) comes with it's own "Speaker" in the system tray for me to set audio levels. (It's a little red speaker, where the one from Windows is gray.) When I right-click on it, there's a "Volume Control" option which is actually program independent volume control. For Firefox, I actually have to be on a page with media to change the volumes, bu tI can. And I actually found this out one time by wanting to turn my Media Center sound down, but it's built-in volume would mute the entire system. So this manufacture provided application allowed me to mute the sound for the Media Center app while still being able to hear sounds in Firefox. I'm guessing that SoundMAX has something very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back