Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

waterproof

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

that's weird. Z506 should upmix stereo content on its own. try to go into Realtek HD Audio control panel and activate speaker fill. it should works, although it doesnt sound good.

i used k-lite codec packs and use media player classic to watch movies. the mpc is equipped with ffdshow audio decoder, which allows me to have Dolby ProLogic II upmix.

that's weird. Z506 should upmix stereo content on its own. try to go into Realtek HD Audio control panel and activate speaker fill. it should works, although it doesnt sound good.

i used k-lite codec packs and use media player classic to watch movies. the mpc is equipped with ffdshow audio decoder, which allows me to have Dolby ProLogic II upmix.

Im using version 6.0 for realtek HD and don't see the speaker fill option as it should be when you launch realtek HD, maybe Im using older version?

Back