Split-screen multitasking unearthed in iOS 8 beta

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Split-screen multitasking is coming to Apple's mobile platform in iOS 8. It wasn't demoed during WWDC earlier this month simply because it isn't ready, but it's there.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57091-split-screen-multitasking-unearthed-in-ios-8-beta.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Scshadow

Hey look, they're innovating (read: stealing) again. Its not like I don't understand the move but I'm honor bound to point out Apple's ironies.

MilwaukeeMike

Hey look, they're innovating (read: stealing) again. Its not like I don't understand the move but I'm honor bound to point out Apple's ironies.
I'd file this one under 'common sense functionality' Although since Apple is often so late with features Android users have access to, sometimes it's a fine line between 'late' and 'stealing'.

Scshadow

I'd file this one under 'common sense functionality' Although since Apple is often so late with features Android users have access to, sometimes it's a fine line between 'late' and 'stealing'.
You are correct. It is common sense functionality and practically should be stolen. And if Apple hadn't have sued so many times over common sense functionality, I wouldn't be honor bound to mention it.

Jad Chaar

This would be a great convenience. I wonder if this will lead to legal issues with Microsoft though... we don't see snapping side by side windows on OSX for this reason.

Wagan8r

Which are in turn features that Windows user have access to. I can't believe the complete and willful ignorance of those, who refuse to acknowledge that both Apple and Samsung (not Android) have copied Windows 8.

MilwaukeeMike

Which are in turn features that Windows user have access to. I can't believe the complete and willful ignorance of those, who refuse to acknowledge that both Apple and Samsung (not Android) have copied Windows 8.
I don't know about you, but I've been putting windows side by side since Windows 95. Hence the phrase 'common sense functionality.'

pmcardle

I don't know about you, but I've been putting windows side by side since Windows 95. Hence the phrase 'common sense functionality.'
You've been putting windows side by side on a tablet since Windows 95, wow you're good.

H

Hasbean

That's amazing. I can see the line-ups outside Apple Stores already forming.

G

Google and microsoft should now sue apple for using there ideas since apple like to sue everyone else ...

APPLE = LOOSER

G

With an increasing trend toward comment like the above, it is easy to see why Apple are quaking in their boots and will be bought by Samsung for a bargain price within 8 years.

Thank goodness the HYPE is over.

this Apple = not good for you

MilwaukeeMike

You've been putting windows side by side on a tablet since Windows 95, wow you're good.
Ha, I see what you did there... you took my line about using apps side by side for years and add 'tablet' to make my point not make any sense. Well played, sir.