Squeaky Mouse....seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

haggis

now i know what youre thinking here, but im deadly serious:
my mouse is making a squeaky noise when i move it, what can i spray on it lube wise that wont wreck the internals? i was thinking WD-40 but i dont wanna do it without asking advice 1st

thnx

WD in WD-40 stands for water displacement and so is not really a lubricant and once it dries, it leaves a gummy film. Also, if any of the petroleum distillates gets onto the rubber ball, it will evenutally swell up and be ruined. So do not use any oil or solvent.

If you must use a lubricant, use a spray silicone lubricant. They won't damage rubber and when the carrier dries, it leaves a dry, non-sticky film. The problem is if you get any silicone on any friction surface, like the ball itself or on the rollers, it will tend to slip and defeat the friction characteristics needed for proper operation of the mouse.

haggis said:
now i know what youre thinking here, but im deadly serious:
my mouse is making a squeaky noise when i move it, what can i spray on it lube wise that wont wreck the internals? i was thinking WD-40 but i dont wanna do it without asking advice 1st

thnx

Make sure it`s dead first lol. Just kidding mate :p

Peddants advice should do the trick.

Regards Howard :)

buy a new mouse

BAM, outta the park. This is a North American expression to describe a home run in baseball which is a good thing. When the ball is hit out of the playing field it becomes an automatic home run. An "inside the field" home run ( the ball remians in the playing area) is possible but very rare. Almost as rare are "outta the park" home runs which happens, you guessed it, when the ball actually leaves the stadium.

This house is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back