SSD worth it for my PC?

Broeci

Hey,

a friend told me I should get a ssd in my pc, it will give it a great boost. But my pc is still pretty fast.
I also need to hook it up to the power supply, but in the future I'm planning to get a crossfire 6950 2Gb. So my question is: Is 700w enough for a crossfire 6950 2gb and for a samsung SSD 830 series 128Gb? And if the 700w power supply is enough to handle both is it worth it to get the samsung SSD 830 series 128Gb?
Help is appreciated.

Cheers,

My system specs are:
CPU: Intel Core I7 2600 4 x 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Gigabayte GA-PH67A-D3-B3
Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
Storage: 1TB S-ata2 7200RPM
Case :Cooler master CM 690 II Advanced
Power supply: Ocz 700w stealthxstream
Audio: Asus Xonar dx

An SSD will no doubt speed things up considerably. Do some research and make sure you pick the SSD with the technology that you can afford.

Toggle NAND SSDs are the fastest, followed by synchronous NAND SSDs. Asynchronous SSDs are the slowest of the bunch. Prices also follow the trend, with toggle NAND SSDs being the most expensive of the bunch.

An SSD will no doubt speed things up considerably. Do some research and make sure you pick the SSD with the technology that you can afford.

Toggle NAND SSDs are the fastest, followed by synchronous NAND SSDs. Asynchronous SSDs are the slowest of the bunch. Prices also follow the trend, with toggle NAND SSDs being the most expensive of the bunch.

Thanks for the information, I had no clue there was a difference in speed with the toggle NAND and the synchronous NAND. The samsung SSD is also a toggle NAND :cool:

The Samsung 830 is a great choice, especially at current price points.

But I wouldn't bother with 6950 CF, you'll get a lot of heat and power draw along with maybe driver issues. I think you're better off selling your current 6950 and going with a GTX 670/680 or HD 7950/7970. CF/SLI is really only for top end GPUs.

The Samsung 830 is a great choice, especially at current price points.

But I wouldn't bother with 6950 CF, you'll get a lot of heat and power draw along with maybe driver issues. I think you're better off selling your current 6950 and going with a GTX 670/680 or HD 7950/7970. CF/SLI is really only for top end GPUs.

Ok, thanks for the information. I will go for a new GPU.

Back