Stalker COP from Steam crashing on startup repeatedly

The X-ray engine 1.6 keeps crashing at the splash screen when the game is trying to start up. I've gotten several mini dump files, and attached the analysis of one of those,

I've had the game 3 or 4 days now and have yet to play. I've attempted to get assistance from G.S.C. Game World with minimal response.

I have very little knowledge debugging programs, and was hoping maybe someone here could look it over and see if its a useless jumble of characters or something that could be used to find my issue.

I've also attached a Direct X diagnostic that has my computer info in case that would be helpful.

Thanks,

ChiefMMII

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag112410.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
Perhaps there was some file corruption during the installation. Have you tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it? I realize the download from Steam might be lengthy but that's all I can suggest at this time.

You may be correct, however I did a uninstall and reboot then reinstall via steam last night/this morning. No luck even with virus protection off and admin rights to Stalker COP and the X-ray engine executable. Also the both executes have admin rights and run in Windows X.P. Service Pack 2 checked. I don't get a crash at the splash screen but it just sits there like its hung.

It still has me scratching my head.

I'll run the exec in debug again and maybe something will pop up that will help.

Also the both executes have admin rights and run in Windows X.P. Service Pack 2 checked.
Could you clarify this? Are you saying you changed the compatibility mode to Windows XP and it runs or just that it runs in Windows XP? If the later, then try changing the compatibility mode to XP.

Sorry for the confusion.

I am running windows 7. Yes, I changed the compatibility mode for both files to run in Windows XP service pack 2. Yes, I selected for both files to run program as administrator.

By both files I am referring to Stalker Call of Pipyat exec and the X-ray engine exec

Something came up though that is of note. I have both files added to Microsoft's Application Verifier. I've never used it before and I'm having trouble understanding all of what I'm seeing,

I've tried running the Stalker Call of Pripyat exec file with Steam in the offline mode, but have not gotten it to run that way either.

Bleh, never mind . . . It appears that Application Verifier creates its own set of problems.

Back