Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

hey guys i was trying to play this game on my old dimension desktop I don't know why either here are the minimum system requirements. Its really choppy for some reason :(

System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98 or higher
Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0a compatable computer required
CPU: Pentium III or Athlon Class 450 MHz or fasater CPU required
Memory: 128MB RAM Required. 256MB recommended.
Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL compatable PCI or AGP Hardware Accelerator required.
Sound Card: 16 bit DirectX 9.0a compatable sound card required.

I got windows xp DirectX9c Intel Celeron 2.66Ghz
1 gig ram
Pci BFG 6200Oc 256mb
Soundblaster audigy 24bit soundcard

any ideas?
I've updated but I still dont know whats wrong multiplayer seems to work okay though.

Edwin Phate said:
hey guys i was trying to play this game on my old dimension desktop I don't know why either here are the minimum system requirements. Its really choppy for some reason :(

System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98 or higher
Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0a compatable computer required
CPU: Pentium III or Athlon Class 450 MHz or fasater CPU required
Memory: 128MB RAM Required. 256MB recommended.
Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL compatable PCI or AGP Hardware Accelerator required.
Sound Card: 16 bit DirectX 9.0a compatable sound card required.

I got windows xp DirectX9c Intel Celeron 2.66Ghz
1 gig ram
Pci BFG 6200Oc 256mb
Soundblaster audigy 24bit soundcard

any ideas?
I've updated but I still dont know whats wrong multiplayer seems to work okay though.

Video card may be a little weak, slowing down performance. I use a 8500 GT which is far more powerful. I have the opposite problem you do. My single player game runs silky smooth for the most part, but multiplayer is very choppy and I can't do a lot of the moves because of the choppiness and lag. My sound card hasn't arrived yet, so I hope this resolves the problem.

You also might try OC'ing your CPU,Mem,& GPU to increase the framerate but be careful and makes sure you have sufficient internal cooling and adequate PSU supply.

I suggest checking the game settings inside of the game itself. You should be able to turn down the graphic settings first without the risk of overclocking your CPU and risk it overheating. If the game settings don't help then try overclocking.

Try turning off dynamic lights as i have a similar setup and with that on the game go really choppy should be in more video options

The high detail shadows is what noticeably knocks down the framerate in single player Jedi Academy for me. Your system isn't bad, but Celerons can't handle much going on at once. If you have other applications running, close them while you play Jedi Academy. Also check the Task Manager as there may be some processes eating memory and CPU that you can stop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back