Star Wars KOTOR 2 won't start

hey i'm new to this whole thing and i could just really use any help or advice people have about this i'm behind with the star wars kotor thing but i still need help i have a brand new computer (always had an old one thats why i'm behind) i install star wars kotor 2 TSL and once its all done i go on to the game through the short cut click on game and that menu dissapears and the it doesn't go anywhere it doesn't load change screens flicker or anything it just won't start, i could really use some help please help

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.10, 2/11/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.43 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.84 GB

i wasn't to sure about all the specs and idk if this what you need but this is what it said the summary of it was, it is also on windows 7 but idk if that would do anything to keep it from starting and it actually has 750 gigs of memory with over 600 free, any help or info?
it said it met all the requirements for it but the trouble shooting guide said wht could be wrong but nothing about how to fix any of the problems it could be

You omitted your graphics card and power supply. Sometimes, though not always, PC specs and the OS have a bearing on what we might suggest is the problem. Also, sometimes people are sure their PCs meet the minimum requirements of a given game but sometimes are wrong so it never hurts to confirm it.

Try changing the game compatibility mode to an older operating system. This game came out before Windows 7 (or Vista for that matter) existed.

I would recommend not playing this on your system, it has been known to cause many 'issues' with system stability, especially torrent rips.

I also have a similar problem I installed the game fine and i can configure it from the auto run menu but when i try to press game and run it an error message pops up n says,

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\swkotor2.exe
abnormal program termination

I tried removing then reinstalling but the same problem occurs

Problem fixed just needed to manual update

Back