Starting up but HDD and screen do not turn on

HI, I have been having this issuefor sometime with my HP DV-7 3085dx. When I try to start it, most times The screen does not come on and the HDD does not turn on. Sometimes the HDD comes on but the screen still does not work but you can hear Windows startup. Then on rare occasions it all starts up properly and is usable. I have had the MoBo replaced as suggested by a local company that did the work but still having the same issue and they will not fix it. HP has told me that the MoBo could be bad or the Ram. Since I had the MoBo replaced and it is still having the same issue, could it be the Ram intermittenly not working? How could I check this issue. It has 6GB Ram.

Remove all RAM except for 1 module and try booting. If it still won't start properly try replacing the power supply

Tried it

I tried removing each ram module at a time. switching them in different sockets and still same thing. I try and run the computer off the battery and with the Power cord from my wife's laptop and still no change. Just seems weird that the MoBo was replaced but is still having the same issue. Any other thoughts?

My bad, this is a laptop... Pull the hard drive out and see if the laptop shows anything on the screen when trying to boot. Then remove the AC adapter and the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds, install the battery and try booting

Back