Static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelshells

Okay when I go to setup a static ip for my router to port forward I get a slight problem. my router wants my static ip to be something like this 192.168.1.231 to be able to port forward it needs that 1 but my static ip is 192.168.137.119 and I dont understand why? can someone please help me?

see attached picture

Attachments

• ipconfig.png
    ipconfig.png
    100 KB · Views: 4
First off, call up your ISP and tell comcast to go **** themselves and tell your mom I said "Hi sexy!" and then go to the store and get me more chips. Maybe that'll fix it.

Okay when i go to setup a static ip for my router to port forward i get a slight problem. my router wants my static ip to be something like this 192.168.1.231 to be able to port forward it needs that 1 but my static ip is 192.168.137.119 and i dont understand why? can someone please help me?

see attached picture
Your router's IP address is 192.168.137.1 so ALL addresses attached to it must be something like 192.168.137.*; any other address will not have connectivity.

Don't set the static IN the router, but on yhe system which needs the static and it can be configured on that adapter.
The port forward then is from the router to the static address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back