Steam opens BioShock 2, Aliens vs. Predator preorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Steam has opened pre-orders on the sequel to the widely popular survival horror FPS, BioShock. Slated for release on February 9, purchasing BioShock 2 now will score you a 10% discount that brings the price from $49.99 to $44.99, as well as a free copy of the original BioShock.

Steam is also taking advanced orders on Aliens vs. Predator, which costs $49.99 and is scheduled for a February 16 launch. Unfortunately, there's no discount involved, but you will receive a $20 copy of Universe at War: Earth Assault, as well as three unique in-game skins: SGT. Kaneoko, Number Six, and Alien Head Predator.

If you already own BioShock or Universe at War: Earth Assault, you can give the extra copy to a friend. It's also worth noting that both of these titles made our Most Anticipated PC Games of 2010 list.

Permalink to story.

Just waiting for a native Linux client. There are probably no more than a couple of million of Linux users, so why would any one want to sell software to them.

I believe Steam is also offering Mass Effect 2 (regular and deluxe editions) for pre-order, but no special discounting or offers.

Play.com has a preorder on Aliens vs Predator of £17.99 compared to £24.99 on Steam. It doesnt come with Universe at War but it does come with 3 different heads.

bioshock 2 what a laugh. its a rental. a limit of five installs.
screw the customer just as long as we're not getting screwed by pirates.

whats the number of ppl not buying the rental vs.pirates?

by the way i couldn't register to techspot. after 3 tries my dumb, unpirating, non-hacker self says screw it, i'll just comment as guest.

thanks matthew , i think its an unaccepted password(it didn't say), or it was an incorrect image verification. which i don't believe because at least your image ver. is legible, unlike most others, which is extremely frustrating. its ok i'll figure it out, i just got upset over download limits and it carried over :D.

UPDATE: 2k studios removed the install limits. its cd-check only but you need to be logged on to games for windows live "or whatevr" to save games etc.. so my line screw the customer just as long as we're not getting screwed still holds up.

@Guest, sorry for the trouble registering though as far as I know we are now having any issues with registrations. Feel free to email me julio at techspot dot.com for any further assistance.

I posted this on the forum boards, but figured I'd post here too. Anyone interested in going in on the Bioshock 2 four-pack on Steam? For a single copy, it's $45. For the 4-pack, it ends up being $33 each and everyone gets a free copy of the original Bioshock. Anyone interested in saving 11 bucks?

Steam is evil. Try googling "steam support" to see just how awful it is. I have Vista and Steam, and after 5 hours, I can't get Bioshock to work.

I tried calling Steam support. There is no number. I've now emailed 5 times with no response. It's not worth the 10%, Steam is not worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back