Steam weekend sale: Portal is free, many others discounted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

In celebration of Steam for Mac's launch, Valve has slashed prices on various titles compatible with both Windows and OS X. We've already mentioned a few of these deals in a post earlier this week, but to recap: Portal is free (no strings attached) until May 24, Torchlight is $9.99 (50% off), Steam Play Indie Pack is $19.99 (71% off), the Telltale Steam Play Pack is $29.99 (57% off), and Quantz is $3 (70% off).

Additionally, the digital distribution house has two PC-only titles, Tropico 3 and Shattered Horizon, marked down by 75% and 25%. The former runs $7.50 through the weekend and is a construction and management sim in which players stand as dictator of an island in the banana republic during the cold war. The latter, priced at $14.99, is a sci-fi multiplayer FPS with players engaging in space-based combat.

What's that? You'd rather play something you already own? Swing by the TechSpot Steam group to meet up with fellow community members. Julio and I will be playing Team Fortress 2 later this evening (around or after 10PM EST) if you're looking for easy prey.

Permalink to story.

hello ...

cool, just bought myself a portal to some fun, for only Zer0 $ LOL ;) ...

now i need to get my PC back on foot to run games ...

cheers!

IMHO Portal is one of Valve's best games and showcases some of the most innovative gameplay to date. If this deal gets slept on, it will be a real shame.

I see a fair few more people have joined the techspot Steam Group. I play Unreal 3 , TF2 BFBC2, AvP, and all the over games in my games list. give me a shout if u wanna play something. On topic. This is great. Tho I bough portal allready not realising it was part of the Orange Box, (silly me ) so bought TF2 seperatly as well ending up costing double the pricce of Orange box.

Anyone thats not tried steam out for whatever reason should defo join just for this! Not all the games need meaty machines either ( tho it helps) you can pick up some really cheap games dating back over 10 years old that will work on any PC,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back