STOP 0x0000007B after Bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I recently discovered problems with my Acer Aspire 5315, it began after I switched the OS to XP from Vista, and it randomly crashed due to a 'Physical memory dump' and required a BIOs update. I went to the official website, downloaded the files, ran them and it restarted.
However, now when i run my computer, it gets a blue error message as follows:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer.If the screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for the hard drive corruption, and then restart the computer.

Technical information:
***STOP 0x0000007B (0xF7917528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I tried to load up in safe mode, to no avail, got the same message. Tried to run it under previous working settings, nope. And i unfortunately don't have the XP disc anymore.

Is there any way I can fix this? I'd prefer not to lose my personal files, but if i have to then i will. I suspect I'll need a new XP disc. . .

Thank you for taking the time to read this and another thank you for any advice or help you can offer.

Thank you ^^

Your Boot CD allowed me to retrieve my important files.
I couldn't re-install XP however, something about SATA drivers, but Vista isn't so bad.
Thank you again. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back